Some Easy Waste Management Tips For You
Since people are generating a lot of waste nowadays, it’s time we start looking for safe and effective methods of waste disposal. You will be surprised to know that a person can generate around 4 pounds of waste every day. The easiest way to deal with those is with skip hire. A majority of the waste you will find in skip bins are cans, boxes, bottles, packaging, clothing, furniture, clippings and more. The best you can do is reduce-reuse-recycle.
5 Tips To Reduce The Amount Of Waste Generated
- Use reusable bags instead of single-use plastic bags when visiting a grocery store.
- Use refillable water containers instead of packaged or bottled water.
- Don’t waste paper by printing materials from the internet unless it is necessary.
- Try to print on both sides of the paper and reuse them if possible.
- Set goals to reduce the amount of waste generated every week.
5 Tips To REUSE The Waste Generated
- If you feel that some packaging materials are not serving their function anymore, check whether you can reuse them for other purposes.
- Untreated wood and leaf waste can be shredded and composted. You can use them as mulch on garden beds. They are quite effective in regulating soil temperature, preventing weed growth, adding nutrients to the soil and retaining moisture.
- If your children have grown up, donate their appliances, toys, books, clothes and other items.
- Donate old doors, fixtures, cabinets and existing hardware when remodeling your house.
- Go through all the items in your house and shortlist the ones you won’t need. Give them away or sell them instead of throwing them in the waste bin.
3 Tips To RECYCLE The Waste Generated
- If you are looking for skip hire in Woking, separate your waste before putting them in the skip bin.
- Avoid excessive trimming of grasses as it helps in keeping the grassroots shaded and cool while reducing the growth of weed or browning. It also reduces the amount of water your plant needs.
- Instead of throwing away the old faulty appliances, visit a repair shop in your locality and replace the faulty parts.
Though you can follow the tips stated above when reducing, reusing or recycling waste, make sure you choose the right method of waste disposal to get rid of the waste generated.